Monday, May 18, 2009

while I'm at it

What you must buy immediately: "Hogdoggin'," by Anthony Neil Smith (Bleak House); "Sex, Thugs and Rock and Roll," edited by Todd Robinson (Kensington); and "Dope Thief" by Dennis Tafoya (St. Martin's Minotaur.) For Dennis's book you'll have to go to your local independent because the big chains aren't carrying it, the worthless dumbfucks. (Did you really need one more reason to stay away from them?)
And later this summer will come "Uncage Me," edited by Jen Jordan (Bleak House again!) featuring my story "Ten Gallons of Infected Saliva." Probably you should just go to the Bleak House web page and order everything in the catalogue, because next up is Victor Gischler's "Deputy" and what I'm hearing is that VG has outdone his own diseased self.

4 comments:

  1. Is there some nutty reason the big stores aren't carrying Tafoya's book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's just business as usual....it's what happens when robots make decisions about human reading habits

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Deputy kicks ass...es. Many asses. My ass, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it's kicking my ass, too. Good to see you, blogging, Scott.

    ReplyDelete