Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I'm on the Road!




First I was sick. Then I was taking my daughter to camp and got busy, then last night the motel's wifi was broken. But I have a whole lot to blog now, having traveled all over the great states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan and Indiana! I almost made it to Iowa, but that didn't work out and I will not be discussing it. Here, just as a teaser, are a couple of photos taken on Monday morning near Paw Paw, Michigan.

Do you love the musty, moldy ambience of a really cruddy, rundown flea market? The you need to make the trek to Paw Paw, because this place is huge, and every square meter of the place is imbued with a sense of hopelessness and loss.

Do you have dormant allergies that you yearn to awaken? Again, you must hasten to Paw Paw, because allergens unknown to medical science fill the air, swirling and dancing and awaiting the moment when they can once again overstimulate someone's immune system.

Are there LPs by Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods or solo work by Donny Osmond that you're always closing in on but can't ever seem to get your hands on?

Paw Paw.
PAW PAW.
PAW PAW!

3 comments:

  1. If you didn't eat at the Mexican restaurant next door to the Busy Bee, you should the next time you are in Paw Paw. Called Cancun now, its food is good and the staff is excellent. Get the potatoes and guacamole. And Martin is an excellent owner. His brother owns the Acapulco restaurant down the road in Lawton. Same good food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it! I almost went there but I was running late. I may be up there again in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ate there again last night. I'm pretty sure you would enjoy it. I misspelled Bea in my earlier comment.

      Delete