Monday, June 1, 2009

Noir at the Bar in Retrospect


It's been a few nights since we fucked St. Louis the hell up with the first local installment of Peter Rozovsky's amazing Noir at the Bar, held at the Delmar Restaurant and Lounge. It was a gas, if I may be so bold, and now I have permission to post a pic taken by Don Ross, who kindly drove Frank Bill four (that's s FOUR [4]) hours from Indiana and then back again. Thanks to all who attended, but thanks especially to Kelly, the owner of Subterranean Books (see link at right, buy books from her, please) and the multitalented Augustino Patti, musician and technical director for Noir at the Bar. A good time was had by all. Left to right: Jedidiah Ayres, me,Anthony Neil Smith, Frank Bill . Incidentally, if you haven't heard of Frank Bill, you are going to. You may not be happy about it, but you will be hearing from him......

4 comments:

  1. There's no doubt about it, Frank's the deal, and I just don't get tired of these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott is being too kind. What he read from had me in awe while punching me in the gut. Later, I asked him about boundaries in fiction and he said-F*** boundaries. Once again, thanks for the invite, had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he the guy from the new movie The Hangover?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that amazing adjective. My only apprehenion about Frank Bill is that I might get drunk and call him Bill Frank.
    ==============
    Detectives Beyond Borders
    "Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
    http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete